Freelance Expert on Trade, Economic and Social Policies involved in basic and strategic economic research, report writing, analysis and advising on trade policy based in New Delhi.
I have more than 15 years of experience in drafting strategy, conducting research on private sector, trade policy & macro-economy issues and, providing analysis, advice and assistance to the private sector, trade negotiators and policymakers on trade and investment issues.
I have primarily conducted survey based research, data analysis from secondary sources such as CMIE Prowess and qualitative analysis based on interviews.
- trade in good and services
- analysis of tariffs
- global value chains
- rules of origin
- foreign direct investment
- public procurement
- intellectual property rights
- India’s trade policy
- national regulatory and policies e.g. India, Indonesia and African countries
- EU-India trade & economic relations
- World Trade Organisation (WTO)
- Free Trade Agreements (FTAs)
- competition policy
- trade & environment
- trade facilitation
- third country bilateral relations such as between China-South Korea and Ukraine-Russia
- Generalised System of Preferences schemes of the US and EU
- sectoral policies in metals, chemicals and fibre
- trade and investment barriers faced by the private sector
- worker and gender relations in textile factories
Detailed bio data on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sanchitachatt/