My professional working experience and livelihood has been from being a senior level freelance consultant on economic and social policy.
With more than 15 years of experience in managerial and research roles that has involved coordinating multi-country projects and assignments, leading teams of analysts and surveyors, liaisoning with government, private sector, research institutes, NGOs and civil society, drafting strategy, conducting research on trade policy, macro-economic and private sector issues and, providing analysis, advice and assistance to the private sector, trade negotiators and policymakers on trade and investment issues, and outreach activities.
Professional experience includes working for an Indian conglomerate, diplomatic missions, research institutes and an NGO. I have a wide-ranging experience in working on Indian private sector issues and trade and investment issues between the European Union and India.
I have primarily conducted survey based research, data analysis from secondary sources such as CMIE Prowess and qualitative analysis based on interviews.
- trade in good and services
- analysis of tariffs
- global value chains
- rules of origin
- foreign direct investment
- public procurement
- intellectual property rights
- India’s trade policy
- national regulatory and policies e.g. India, Indonesia and African countries
- EU-India trade & economic relations
- World Trade Organisation (WTO)
- Free Trade Agreements (FTAs)
- competition policy
- trade & environment
- trade facilitation
- third country bilateral relations such as between China-South Korea and Ukraine-Russia
- Generalised System of Preferences schemes of the US and EU
- sectoral policies in metals, chemicals and fibre
- trade and investment barriers faced by the private sector
- worker and gender relations in textile factories
Detailed bio data on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/sanchitachatt/